The final part in my series on how organisations can use mind mapping to support their planning activities, Mind map your way to a successful strategic planning day, has just been posted on the Mindmapping Software blog.
I’d like to thank Chuck Frey for inviting me to write this series, in which I explain the advantages that mind mapping has over the traditional whiteboard as a tool for managing and recording strategic planning sessions, particularly for smaller and non-profit organisations. I also describe in detail some techniques to prepare for and then run a successful mind-mapped planning day.
This series draws on my experience with MindManager but the approaches involved can be used with any reasonably well-featured mind mapping program. Here are links to the five-part series:
- Strategic planning – stuck in the whiteboard time warp
- 7 key advantages mind mapping can bring to your planning session
- How to prepare for your first strategic planning day
- How to make your planning day succeed: the program
- How to make your planning day succeed: the process
Thanks again to Chuck for making this possible. And while you’re visiting his website, check out the map of why the chicken crossed the road…